Sunday, August 3, 2008

Cruisin'


August 3, 2008
On the way to Hopewell Rocks
On the Bay of Fundy, Canada

It doesn’t get much better than this: Sitting in a recliner, feet in the air, a relatively clean (see my blog entitled “Splat”) expanse of window revealing all of New Brunswick before me, miles and miles of green trees, green fields, clean air and smooth road, cruising along to the Eagles’ “Best Of” album on a lazy Sunday. Who cares if it’s raining for the sixth day in a row. We’re dry. We have 200 miles to go. We’ll get there. Eventually. Meantime, this is heaven. “Life in the Fast Lane,” indeed.
Betty

PS - We just passed a sign on the road in front of a little house. It said “Calligraphy” and listed a phone number. Given that all we’ve seen for 400 miles are farms and forests, I imagined myself stopping and saying, “Let’s see. I think I’ll get some of those nice red tomatoes, six ears of corn, a head of lettuce, and some calligraphy.”

No comments: