Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Camping for Beginners

August 9, 2008
Murray Beach, NB

Just in case you wonder what people do while they’re camping, here are some activities I have observed.

Reading
Sleeping
Sitting by a campfire
Bicycling
Swimming
Walking/Hiking
Smoking fragrant substances
Listening to classical music
Exercising
Recoating your roof
Hanging up wet towels
Wheeling your box of bodily waste to the dump station, eeyuu.
Drinking
Walking your dog
Fishing
Cooking outside
Toasting marshmallows
Watching TV (the Olympics) in the rain
Dropping acid. Just kidding. I wanted to see if you were paying attention.

What I have not seen: texting, cell phone tirades, spousal fighting (although I am not so naïve as to believe it doesn’t happen), traffic jams, high heels, and Dunkin’ Donuts. I miss DD, but not the other things.

So with all this wonderful stuff to do, what, you may ask, did I find the most fun today? Rubber gloves, steel wool, the hose and attacking the greasy grill.

Relaxing isn’t always the answer.
Betty

No comments: