Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A Three State Day

From CT through MA to NY Upstate

I have been home with friends and family (too briefly with family) for much of July, and after numerous dinners out, reunions by the score, two bridal showers, a baby shower and a funeral, we are once again on the road, headed for someplace I’ve heard about all my life, but have never seen: Lake Placid.

The bus is behaving well, nothing has fallen out of the refrigerator, and our little Honda is tagging along behind us with no surprises. I’m unfamiliar with all this serenity. Why isn’t the dog barking? Why isn’t anyone passing us on the wrong side? Why isn’t some trucker giving us the finger just because we are also driving a big rig and didn’t have to go to trucker school or get a special license?

All this peace is making me nervous.

We aren’t even arguing about driving skills or lack thereof. Am I asleep? Is this a dream?

No, it’s just one of those perfect days when it all seems to fall into place and Bad Luck takes a holiday from the Betty Bus.

I guess we’re just getting ready for Lake Placid. La dee da.

No comments: