Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving from Carlsbad NM


We're parked in the middle of a desert, with absolutely nothing but scrub for miles. We're told you can see 40 miles in any direction. Our pot-luck campground dinner goes on at 2, and I'm bringing the stuffing, since I noted twelve green-bean casseroles on the list and no stuffing. It smells heavenly in my convection oven.

Which I've had for almost six months and never baked a thing in it. I didn't know what convection was. I finally read the manual this week. Whaddya know.

I thought we were watching the Macy's Parade on television, but we were watching the history of the parade on Modern Marvels. (Guess who had the clicker in his hand.) Actually it was wonderful to look back at earlier parades and learn about how it developed into the spectacular it is today.

The show was just over, and it was followed by "Mold & Mildew." You gotta love the History Channel.

Happy St. Turkey's Day, as Father Gillick used to say to us kids. We laughed every year. We were easy.

Betty

No comments: