Thursday, May 6, 2010

Why Are You On Crutches?

DEAR PAM,

In the past month we have had a few mishaps --
In Tennessee I fell out of the bus and fractured/bruised my sternum--
Then the awning motor died so we tied it with the dog's leash and anchored it by closing the door on the leash--
Which bent the door and locked us inside with a jammed latch--
So we enlisted the aid of a really fat biker who got us a ladder--
Which I climbed out onto (with sore chest) and promptly fell off the top step--
Breaking my pelvis, after which we--
Blew a turbo motor so were confined to a hotel for a long weekend--
Because they sent the wrong part and we had to wait for five days for the new one--
And we finally got going and took a turn too fast (my bad) --
Which spilled the contents of the refrigerator--
Which got John so mad he left me to clean it up--
Which got me so mad I used his bath towel to do so--
Then I slipped on the towel and probably broke whatever had healed--
So John didn't dare ask me to guide him into the campground spot--
And the woman who helped giggled as she led him into a wood post--
Scraping the side of the bus--
So that's why I'm still on crutches.

They make a good weapon.

Betty

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Betty, so sorry you are hurt/injured, but your blog description had me cracking up!!! Seriously, you can't make this stuff up. It occurred to me that if you're going to lock yourself into your home it's handy that you are able to drive it around to find help!!! Do you think the cyclist had neglected to pay for his chaps, which explained the price tag still dangling? I guess this is a question left to the ages. Please be careful lady!!! Love you, Laurie