Monday, March 15, 2010

Time for Reflection

Verde Valley AZ
Outside of Sedona

We learned a day late that it was now Daylight Davings Time, so late Sunday night we made a couple of our key clocks Spring Ahead.Good thing, because we had to get up really early this morning to get to the RV dealer for a new pump that would correct a water pressure problem. We had a 9 a.m. appointment so we could get the job done and get on the road asap. Except we arrived at 7:45.

They don't have daylight savings in Arizona. It and Indiana are the only two states that don't change the clocks. Who knew.

Now I can't figure out what time it is anywhere, including here and wherever you are. I know that some of the clocks are right, and some are wrong. But which ones are which- watch, microwave, computer, alarm clock, kitchen clock, second watch in the drawer, car radio???? I give up. I think it's 5, but that's only because I'm on the computer. If I were making coffee, it'd be 4. Unless I were using the microwave, which, for some reason, insists it's just 2:30.

Maybe it was made in Indiana.

Betty

1 comment:

mrs s cast.. said...

Betty;

I came across your blog for the first time today and I thoroughly enjoyed your humor & wit. I read your writings on the retirement website and they were very insiteful and funny.

My husband & I are planning to retire and R.V. full-time within the next couple of years. I look forward to reading more of your articles about how we can start preparing for our adventures, mentally & physically!

I am the gun-ho, let's do this one, my husband is more cautious and concerned. We have camped & RV'd for years in a fifth wheel & travel trailers, but we've always had a "home" to go back too. How do you address the "fear" of downsizing & parting with "worldly possessions" and not having a permanent "home" to go back to anymore?

Thanks again for the laughs.

Mrs. S. Cast..