Saturday, February 27, 2010

Where in the World Am I

Desert Hot Springs, CA

I see from the list that I haven't posted much in February. Oops. But there is a reason.

We spent most of the month at our timeshare in Cabo San Lucas, at the bottom of the Baja peninsula in Mexico. Our partners for this vacation adventure were Joyce and Marty Kaplan, and it was absolutely wonderful. In case you're interested, here's what we did: ate a lot of Mexican food, drank a lot of Margaritas, drank some more Tequila, laid our fat, sated selves down on lounge chairs by the pool and read, played Scrabble, played cards and did I say read? We put away at least 25 books between us. I read nine myself.

After literally begging John to take some of my books so we wouldn't have to pay an overweight fee on the plane, I am beginning to see the wisdom of a Kindl, even though I have staunchly resisted the electronic book, arguing that the feel of a real book, the smell of the paper and the weight of it in my hands are all an important part of the reading experience. Now I'm not so sure.

My birthday's next Wednesday, and I can pretty much guarantee you that I'll get an e-book from my husband. He's a strong believer in load-lightening. I threw away four t-shirts yesterday and he cheered, convinced that now the bus will ride higher and smoother with less weight on board. To get even with this crazy man, I bought four salad bowls, They weigh more than the t-shirts. The next time he crows about how much easier the bus is to drive, I'll make a big salad and haul out those bowls.

And smile to myself.

No comments: