Thursday, November 26, 2009

Where in the World Am I

Happy Thanksgiving everybody. My good friend and erstwhile conscience, Nick Nardullo, told me today that I had a responsibility to let my friends know where I am on a regular basis.

I allowed as I hadn't had much to say in recent weeks, but he allowed as that was just a lame excuse for laziness and as long as I had started this blogging thing I had an obligation to keep it up. He, at least, was using it as a method for tracking my madness.

So here I am to fill you in on the meanderings of the two nutjobs living in a bus. We went from a Lake Tahoe vacation with Jeff in mid October and drove north as far as Sequim Washington. Stayed a couple of days in Portland, then Bend, Oregon, Shasta, California, and at some point stopped one night for dinner in SF with Jeff, then headed down to Pismo Beach in early November for a nice stay of a week, after which we took a second week in Pacific Dunes in Oceano, the town below Pismo. I did write a blog about Pismo and Dirty Ernie, and except for my brother Richard and my sister Sue, I don't think anyone else in the world has any idea what I was talking about. Ah well. You had to live in our house growing up to understand. We did "bits" at the dinner table -- everything from Dirty Ernie to Gabby Hayes to Uncle Miltie. No wonder half my family is in the theater -- and the rest of us wish we were.

On November 23 we headed north to Pacifica, the town just below SF, where we are in close proximity to Jeff and Keith, his roommate since college, who happens to be a major cook. We'll go to their house at 1:00 today and with 7 friends, partake of over 20 different dishes, then sit back with bursting stomachs and watch football, more football and more football. I may bring a book.

I promise to be better about locating myself. Nick said, "Just write a sentence. One sentence! Just let us know where you are."

Obviously, this is an impossibility for me. But I'll try. God knows, I'll try.

No comments: